The IT technician’s field of action extends to all areas where computer hardware is used, i.e. banks, administrations as well as commercial, industrial production, electrical engineering, construction and mechanical companies, etc.
IT division technicians have a wide range of tasks, depending on the job they do. The fact that they are trained in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of desktop computers makes them indispensable in almost all areas of professional life.
Depending on the case, they can be found in the computer sales sector (advising customers, starting up and maintaining machines), in companies that have IT equipment (maintaining workstations, computer networks, mainframes), in companies that sell software or IT services, in research, etc.
In addition to the work described, they also carry out simple programming tasks. However, he/she is more of a technician than a programmer.
Subjects taught at the LPEM
- Computer components (sizing, assembly)
- Development of static web pages (html)
- Installation and configuration of Windows operating systems
- Mechanical and electrical workshop
- Computer maintenance
- Network cabling and network services for a workstation
- Installing and configuring Linux operating systems
- Data modelling and database management
- Computer network design (based on Cisco CCNA)
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows servers
- Server-side web scripting (PHP)
- Configuring Linux and Windows network services
- Data and hardware security (firewalls, encryption, VPN, etc.)
- Automation (of administrative tasks using Linux and Windows scripts)
- Web applications